Wednesday, November 06, 2013

My Son

Today I wanted to talk about my sweet baby boy!!
I know every parent in the WORLD thinks their kid is THE most amazing and THE best at everything...but seriously when you become a parent it is so true, you really do think that. So everything that I will say about Brandon y'all will be like whatever. haha.

 

Brandon is in what I like to call the 'terrible' threes right now, and OMG he is fighting me and Spencer on everything we want him to do. At this point I can so forget about even thinking on bringing him to the store with me, by the time I get to the register I swear I have about 50 items more in my cart, because he's slipped and put things in there from each aisle.


But regardless of all that, he is truly a blessing for us, he is SO funny and so outgoing, ball of energy all the time even if he is sick! When we first brought him home from the hospital, it was so funny to see me trying to be a new mom, I didn't have a clue of what I was doing, I was trying to put diapers on backwards because I was so sleep deprived. Then I would finally get the diaper in the right direction, thinking 'wow I did it', but I would go to pick Brandon up and he would have pee all the way up his neck...let's just say I didn't pull the diaper up high enough. Man, being a new parent has sure humbled me a lot, all the things I thought I knew about kids from being the oldest of three, I quickly realized I didn't know shit.


I'm loving how here lately Brandon is wanting to workout with me and play sports, an example that I was truly hoping to set for him so he would be better at while young then trying to LEARN to do it as he got older, because he was looking at me not taking care of myself as you was growing up! Trust me when they say your kids really and truly do watch every single thing you do, so why not do the right things for them, the world will offer them plenty of wrong! The learn about the right things in life starts at HOME! and starts with you as a parent.
 

One thing (among many) that I love about Brandon is he is so affectionate and he always wants to know how he can help me and always wanting to make sure I'm ok! A trait that I'm 100% convinced he got from yours truly! haha!


He is truly our miracle child, and some of you that read my story of our issues getting pregnant and me staying pregnant know why I say that. Having kids and raising them and providing for them is so hard, something that people who were parents before me would often say and I didn't understand what that meant. But it is so true, yet parenting is but among all it is the most rewarding thing you will ever do in your life. There is not a day that goes by that I don't kiss on Brandon and love all on him, well until he says stop mommy you kissed me lot already lol. I know he is getting older and after while he isn't going to want mommy around kissing on him in front of people, so I have to do it while I can.

He brightens up my day!