Thursday, November 07, 2013

My half Marathon thoughts

Hey I hope you all are smiling....It's THURSDAY, one more day till Friday. Come on you can get thru this day and one more! lol


Today I was wanting to tell you guys why I've chosen to step outside of my 'zone' and do this half marathon in March Rock N Roll Half Marathon to be exact! I really and truly did not have this planned like way in advance or anything, because as I've said before I used to hate running. But I thought since I hated running so much, but I love a challenge I figured this would be a very big thing in my life for me to achieve.

I've ran several 5k's and loved those because I would do them with my girls. But if you would have asked me to run one alone I would have looked at you crazy, until the Susan G. Komen Race in October and then it hit me when I was done! I had so much energy afterwards I wanted to run some more!!! Said. No. One. lol
 
 
Be to be honest I never thought to do this for anyone but me, trust me I'm not running a 13.1 long ass run for this blog, or stickers or whatever other crap people run for.I didn't even know what that sticker was on peoples cars, I thought it was a biblical verse. LOL This is to show me mentally that I can be better then I think I can, that it won't kill me to push my big butt over that finish line although those 8 miles the other week almost did.  Tell you guys a secret....I've always wanted to be a runner, but running was something that I kept failing at, seriously it's because it was too hard for me and I would always be too sore or too tired to keep going.

I feel like I've done a lot of things in my life like losing weight and not being in the 200's for almost 2 years now, that I can do more then my mind tells me I can. Hell losing weight is hard too, eating right is my biggest challenge, and something I battle with everyday, but I do better and I stay active, so if I can do those things I can run 13.1 miles and finally overcome my fear. The training is fun because every week seeing my speed increase and every Sunday seeing the miles get longer, only thing now is I get off work at 5 so it's dark when I get home. I just suck it up and do it, it helps also with running faster because the thoughts of an axe murder chasing me makes me haul ass! (; and...it's my excuse to blow ITunes up with my credit card looking for new jams to RunRock to!


Running is no joke, but anyone can do it if you want to do it. Just like anything. Maybe later on when I become like a running guru I'll share some tips, for now I'm just trying to get my stride and learn a lot about this new challenge that I never thought was even possible for me.


Here's a few things I've bought so far:

Thanks to my good friend Amber who ran in a cute FlipBelt Friday night, I just placed my order for mine! I'll snap a pic and give y'all my thoughts on it when it comes in the mail. I have this weird thing about stuff on me like bands on my waist or my arms when I run! Don't ask! (of course I ordered pink) (;

I have severe flat feet, so finding shoes that I like that don't cause me to limp after my workouts and running, is always so hard for me. But I know that your shoes are THE most important part of working out! I really like my old Nike lunarglides here because these were the only shoes that didn't hurt me. So I've decided on the Mizuno Wave that I ordered last night. When they come, I'll try them on and tell ya!

This is my fav thing that I've bought! OMG it was so hard to decide on one because there was so many great ones to pick from! Found it on Etsy

 
 
Have a wonderful day guys!  
 
 
P.S. here are the verses from Psalm 13.1 and 26.2 that I thought people were riding around with on the back of their cars! lol Just an FYI I guess! (I know I'm stupid)
 
Psalm 13.1-2 tells us of the struggle. The first utterance from the psalmist's mouth is like many a prayer found in our most painful moment - short and honest: How long, O Lord? David then elaborates: How long will you forget me - forever? How long must I wrestle with my thoughts, have sorrow in my heart and have the enemy triumph over me? Sin, the enemy is winning and gaining ground.
 Psalms   26 Test me, O LORD, and try me, examine my heart and my mind;