Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Food for the Fall Season


Hi guys I was wanting to share with you all a Simple Turkey Chili recipe that my family and I make every year about this time. Nice to have a warm meal like a great bowl of chili or a wonderful soup when it's all nice and chilly out! And surprisingly it has been cool every morning here in Texas for the past couple of days!! Whoooo, normally it's still pretty warm until Thanksgiving!

 So Sunday I will be making this dish to have for dinner and lunch next week!

Enjoy your Tuesday! I got the original recipe from HERE




Ingredients

  • 11/2 tsps olive oil
  • 1 lb ground turkey
  • 1 onion (chopped)
  • 2 cups water
  • 28 ozs crushed tomatoes (canned)
  • 16 ozs kidney beans (canned, drained rinsed and mashed)
  • 1 tbsp minced garlic
  • 2 tbsps chili powder
  • 1/2 tsp paprika
  • 1/2 tsp dried oregano
  • 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (ground)
  • 1/2 tsp ground cumin
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp black pepper (ground)