1. Protein Shakes: are great before and after your workouts, slammed packed with nutrition and vitamins. They are also great snacks and meal replacements. Great source of protein and away to promote muscle growth.
2. Oatmeal and Fruit (yummy): Energy boost, great source of fiber, and sugar that keeps you moving during your workouts.
3. Low fat cottage cheese: Packed with protein, calcium, and carbohydrates. Eating protein will help you avoid tearing or pulling to the muscles during your workouts!
4. Carrots: Another awesome source of carbs! Helps provide strength and potassium for the body!
5. Whole Grain Bagels! Omg, I looove bagels, anything that says I can eat them, I'm all for it, pass the butter please! A great source of 'Complex Carbs' providing that flow of energy while you hit the iron or treadmill....which ever things you do during your workout!! You stay in 'beast mode' during and after the gym, when you gulp down bagels!! wooohooo
POST-WORKOUT: Once, you've busted your ass and sweated the day away, you now need foods in your body that will rehydrate you and leave you feeling GREAT!
1. Milk chocolate (Fav): Chocolate milk provides calcium, 90% water, potassium and electrolytes. Drinking this after a workout will provide the necessary proteins and carbohydrates that were lost during an intense sweat session.
Mary's Gone Crackers yummy!!! High in fiber, but be sure to chose reduced-fat cheese. You can also have turkey meat with crackers!
Hope someone could use this info!!! Happy Thursday!!!