Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Wonderful Beignet Recipe for ya!!!

Yes, I'm still talking about Louisiana, but I had got a lot of comments after I posted the Cafe Du Monde Pic the other day, so I thought it would be cool to share with you guys a little more of my roots!!! One thing I love about Beignets is I will always remember that when my mom would cook them when we were kids, she would always let us help...and my favorite part was putting on the powdered sugar!!! So, it's a fun job for the WHOLE family!!!!! (:

New Orleans Beignets

New Orleans Beignets Recipe

Ingredients

Find out which ingredients are on sale at your local stores:


Select your favorite stores: [Select All Stores]

(There are 3 total deals near you)
    • (2)
    • (1)
     
    • 1 (1/4-oz.) envelope active dry yeast
    • 1 1/2 cups warm water (105° to 115°), divided
    • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
    • 1 cup evaporated milk
    • 2 large eggs, lightly beaten $
    • 1 teaspoon salt
    • 1/4 cup shortening
    • 6 1/2 to 7 cups bread flour
    • Vegetable oil
    • Sifted powdered sugar
     

    Preparation

    1. 1. Make the yeast mixture: Combine yeast, 1/2 cup warm water, and 1 tsp. granulated sugar in bowl of a heavy-duty stand mixer; let stand 5 minutes. Add milk, eggs, salt, and remaining granulated sugar.
    2. 2. Form a dough: Microwave remaining 1 cup water until hot (about 115°); stir in shortening until melted. Add to yeast mixture. Beat at low speed, gradually adding 4 cups flour, until smooth. Gradually add remaining 2 1/2 to 3 cups flour, beating until a sticky dough forms. Transfer to a lightly greased bowl; turn to grease top. Cover and chill 4 to 24 hours.
    3. 3. Roll and cut: Turn dough out onto a floured surface; roll to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut into 2 1/2-inch squares.
    4. 4. Fry until golden: Pour oil to depth of 2 to 3 inches into a Dutch oven; heat to 360°. Fry dough, in batches, 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on a wire rack. Dust immediately with powdered sugar
        *Good Luck* Feel free to change anything in any recipe that I post* I could always learn something new myself*
          Happy Tuesday!!!