Tuesday, June 11, 2013

A little down home cooking for ya today!!

Since I'm home I was going to share some wonderful things that me and my family love to eat....WARNING: This is not super healthy! lol 



I thought it would be fun to cook some MAMA JAMBALAYA..!!! HHHeeeyyy!! A lil oven style!


3 cups of Uncle Ben's converted rice                       2 lbs shrimp (optional)
1 can of campbells beef broth                                  1 lb of sausage or chicken
1 can of hunts tomato sauce (optional)                     1 can campbell onion soup
1 can of mushrooms                                                 1 can Rotel tomatoes (8oz or 16oz)
2 bay leaves                                                              1/2 cups green onions other seasonings


Mix all ingredients in one large baking pan and slice up one stick of butter on top. Bake at 350 degree for 1 hour 15 minutes uncovered.  On the rice, when I do mine I use brown rice. For the sausage you may use turkey!



This is the best JAMBALYA EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope y'all enjoy!!

Happy Tuesday!