I wanted to say that this week for the FIRST time since I've began to blog, that I've blogged for 5 DAYS IN A ROW!!!! Ahhhhhhhhh!!! Yes I'm happy and doing the happy dance!! Lol haha!! (Not really, I'm at work)!!
I've decided that on Fridays( or The Weekends) I'm going to give you a workout that I either find from Pinterest that I've tried myself or one I've made up!!! So today marks the first day I'm posting one, and it's a Pinterest workout!!!
And man O man it burns!!!! (Sometimes I will show you guys me doing some of the moves, but not always, because I'm not by any means perfect, and I myself could be doing the movements wrong, and I need to learn too, so I will give you the info on the proper form!! Form is KEY in your workouts, and a way to prevent injuries)!! and see the desired results you want!! (:
Your Core Workout:::
30 Second Planks : Lie Flat on the Floor- Rest your body on your forearms with your palms flat on the floor. Double check that your shoulders are aligned directly over your elbows. Make sure that your legs are straight behind you with your ankles, knees and thighs touching.
20 Second Side planks( each side):Lie on your right, or Left side, in a straight line from head to feet, resting on your forearm. Your elbow should be directly under your shoulder. With your abdominals gently contracted, lift your hips off the floor, maintaining the line. Keep your hips square and your neck in line with your spine.
Lie flat on your back. You can extend your arms so they're against the sides of your body with your palms pressing into the floor, or you can bend your elbows and place your palms under the back of your head.
Now bend your knees and draw them into your ribs. This will make it easier to pull your navel in towards your spine and actively press your lower back flat on the ground.
Now lift both legs straight up towards the ceiling, continuing to engage your abs and press your lower back into the ground.
Keeping your core strong, slowly lower your right leg down towards the ground, until it is a few inches above. Then scissor your legs, so you lift your right leg back up as you lower your left leg down towards the ground.
Keep the movements slow and steady, moving with control, and keeping your core engaged the entire time, and your lower back pressing into the floor.
You may not feel this until you do it for a while, so repeat this move for a total of 20 to 30 times on each leg (or more if you're still not feeling it).
Fit's Tip: If you are having trouble keeping your low spine on the floor, try slipping your hand (palms down) underneath your pelvis.
20 Mountain Climbers:
climbers begin in a plank position, with your hands in line with your shoulders
while you balance on the balls of your feet. Push through your legs and pull
your right knee in toward your chest and let your foot land on the ground.
Quickly switch legs, pushing your right leg back and driving your left knee in
toward your chest. Continue to switch at a quick pace for 30 to 60
5 V ups:Sit with your feet lifted off the floor, knees bent into your chest, hands clasped
behind your head. Lean back and extend both legs straight out, touching your
back to the floor but keeping your head and shoulders off the ground. Sit back
up and return to your start position. That's one rep. Repeat as many times as
you can in a row for one minute.
Then you do your 30 second planks AGAIN!!
10 Vertical Leg Crunches: The vertical leg crunch exercise is quite basic and straightforward. You’re essentially going to get yourself into a position where your back is down on the ground and the legs are extended upwards towards the ceiling. You can cross your feet if you find this most comfortable (and most people do), or you can keep them side by side if you prefer. The important thing is that the legs are extended. A slight bend is okay but they should be looking more straight than bent overall. Once in this position, you’re simply going to place the hands beside the head or across the chest and then crunch upwards like you would a standard abdominal crunch. Hold the position briefly at the top to ensure maximum abdominal muscle contraction, and then relax the muscles, allowing the upper body to move back to the floor. Continue repeating the process until all reps have been performed.
10 Russian twists:
Sit on the ground with your knees bent and your heels about two feet from your bum.
Lean slightly back without rounding your spine at all. It is really important, and difficult, to keep your back straight, but don't let it round.
Place your arms straight out in front of you with your hands one on top of the other. Your hands should be level with the bottom of your ribcage.
Pull your navel to your spine and twist slowly to the left. The movement is not large and comes from the ribs rotating, not from your arms swinging. Inhale through center and rotate to the right.
* Back to Mountain Climbers (15)* Then 10 Scissors*, Last ONE more Final 30 second Plank hold*
I WELCOME you to what I now call "CONFESSION SESSION" whooooo....this is where I tell y'all everything, whether it's bothering me or whatever, and I would looooove your feed back too!!!
So today I was going to talk to you and have a heart to heart.....
I confess the following......
1. Trying to learn to blog and be able to write about things is so HARD, but everything I've been reading is saying that I need to blog often so that I can build my audience (remember when I said I blog when I want to?, well I have to do better because I want people to read my stuff) and to be honest with you, I simply suck at it right now, but who didn't suck at doing this, till they got the hang of it, right?? So, I came up with a way that I can try and keep myself on a straight and narrow...(yea I'm one of those weirdo people that, have to have structure so that I'll know what I'm doing....or I'll be all over the place! I would be talking about Hummingbirds, grass, Big MOMMA drawers!! LOL I'm kidding, but I think you get my point, I need to try and stay on subject or things that relate to why I'm blogging in the first place!!!
2. Sometimes....I think I suck at being a mom...I say that because sometimes with my workouts I feel like I'm taking time away from my son....but I found a way to be with him more, and that's why I do a lot more @ home workouts. So in that case I have the best of both worlds!!! ~ just MOMMY guilt talking~ He's my world and I just want every moment with him..so I'm finding mores ways to time manage better!!! I don't want to miss out on anything with him! He's only this small once!!
3. You've heard me mention this before, but I so need to drink more H2O y'all I'm not kidding, I do, I don't drink NEARLY the recommended dose....So that is a work in progress. I promise to get better!!! HELP me people!!!
4. Sometimes I feel lazy....like when it comes to logging my food everyday...I've done it for so long that it starts to feel tedious. But I know I need to do it because it's good for me!!! So keep logging!!! By the way I use either myfitnesspal.com or loseit.com!!
5. I'm starting to embrace new things into my closet like the "high low dresses" I'm still trying to see how I feel about them...but hey you have to try before you knock it!!! I looooove charmingcharlie.com, not just for jewelry but they have super cute outfits too!
6. I used to be the world's biggest chicken when it came to bad weather, hey I live in Texas so I always think of tornados...!!!
7. I have loose skin on my stomach that bugs the crap out of me, that makes me feel fat again every time I see it....but it's a work in progress.
8. Sometimes I'd rather sit on the couch and have a big bowl of ice cream and watch Lifetime instead of working out....Haha!!
9. I still have an issue with self-image and realizing that I'm not that same Big girl anymore...I struggle with this daily...but thank God for best friends and great family that remind me of where I've come from and my hard work!!
10. I can be a better wife at times, because not everything is Spencer's fault. "It takes two to fight". And I can be an ass myself. ( Spencer if you're reading this....you can STOP shaking your head...I have eyes everywhere and I can see you Amening really hard) Haha!!
11. I hate that I can read people sometimes....somethings about people I wish I didn't notice! My mom says that's a gift...it feels more like a curse to me. LOL
12. I wear the same thing more then ONCE, hey as long as it's clean and my body is clean, I'll wear it till it falls apart, I hate shopping (for clothes), because I start to get annoyed in the store.
13. I can't stand clutter, makes me feel boxed in, in junk!
14. I make friends easy, and if you don't like me I don't care, mom always say "Not everyone is going to be your friend and there's no point in stressing yourself to figure out why, life keeps going and you'll miss out on the good people and the one's that love you in it, why you are worried about the one's that mean you no good".
So I guess I can end my complaining...LOL!! I hope Confession Thursday doesn't drive yall crazy!!! Thought it would be fun to talk about stuff that goes on in our heads...maybe we can share things together and help one another....You never know who's thinking the same things out there!!
........................................What are some of y'alls thoughts or what's on your mind, this blog isn't just about me, I want to hear from you.......?????
I'm starting this new thing now called WOW'em Wednesday, and on this day every week I will post stuff, like things you didn't know about certain workouts, or even about me, or recipes, COOL things from Pinterest, or whatever!!! Hope you enjoy!! Today's info is from Pinterest and Mommy's like me need A LOT of AB workouts, because after having Brandon my stomach has officially become my MAJOR problem area (I dread to see what it will look like if I had a second one!!!) But I have a lot of extra skin there and I know it won't "Go away, but I know I can tighten and tone it better" so that's an area on my body that I'm always hitting and hitting hard...no matter the weight I've lost, that ole U.G.L.Y stomach won't get right!! lol
TOP 5 FAVORITE AB MOVES & NUTRITION TIPS FOR A FLAT TUMMY!
As promised ladies, here are my TOP 5 FAVORITE AB MOVES & TOP 5 NUTRITION TIPS for BANISHING your MOMMY BELLY and Losing that NASTY Lower Ab-Flab … FOR GOOD!
TOP 5 AB MOVES: Finish the series – then repeat, for a total of TWO Sets…
#1: BIKINI TWIST
1.) Lean back and prop your upper body up on your elbows (your back should remain lifted), palms facing down. Brace your abs in tight and lift your legs into a 90-degree angle (knees should be touching), toes pointed.
2.) Slowly lower your legs over to the right (knees should stay together). Keeping the 90-degree angle, lower your legs & then lift them up to the left. That is one rep. Perform 20 reps.
#2: PIKE PLANK
1.) Sit with your legs slightly bent, feet flexed up, and hands just outside of your hips, fingertips facing forward. Draw your abs in tight and press down through your palms to lift your hips up off the ground a couple of inches.
2.) Focus on lifting your hips with your abs, only use your arms and legs to brace yourself. Fully extend your legs and try to push your hips backward. Hold for 2 seconds. Then bend your knees and return to the start position. That’s one rep. Perform 10 reps.
*wrist issues? perform this move on your knuckles, or lay back onto your elbows
#3: WALKING V-PLANK
1.) Begin in an elbow plank with your hands clasped, and feet about hip-width apart.
2.) Keeping your knees locked, walk your feet in towards your hands as far as you can until your hips end up in a high “pike” position. Slowly inch back out, reversing the way you walked in, until you return to the start. That’s one rep. Perform 10 reps.
#4: SIGNATURE BIKINI BODY MOMMY “CRUNCH”
1.) Begin in a full plank position, with your palms under your shoulders, feet together.
2.) Bend your left knee under you and across towards the inside of your right elbow (your hips should turn to the right and you’ll pivot slightly on the ball of your right foot). Slide your left leg back to the start position and then repeat to the right. That’s one rep. Perform 20 reps. *wrist issues? perform this move on your elbows
#5: “TUMMY TUCK” HIP-LIFT
1.) Lie face-up with your knees bent at a 90 degree angle, feet off of the floor, with your knees pressed together. Place your hands underneath your hips, palms facing down.
2.) Inhale, straighten your legs (toes pointing to the ceiling), and lift your hips up off the ground. Exhale and return your hips back down to the start. That’s one rep. Perform 30 reps.
TOP 5 BIKINI BODY MOMMY NUTRITION TIPS: For a FLAT STOMACH!
Implement just ONE of these new nutrition habits from my book the Bikini Body Mommy Blueprint, for 1 FULL WEEK before implementing the next tip.
#1: Take a Multivitamin & Liquid Fish Oil supplement
REASON #1:The multivitamin is an insurance policy against nutrient deficiencies — Most clients come to me deficient in a bunch of vitamins, minerals, and omega 3’s… and if we fix that right out of the gate, we can really hit the ground running!
REASON #2:The fish oil has plenty of data behind it that suggests that it has positive effects on the motivational centers of your brain (when taken in the dose I recommend), as well as increases FAT LOSS, and has an anti-inflammatory effect on the body.
**To make things extra easy and save you the headache of trying to find them… here are links to buy the exact same brand of Multi-Vitamin and Fish Oil Supplement I used this past year to lose 100 POUNDS: MULTI-VITAMIN: Genuine Health (multi+) http://amzn.to/VS8xkQ FISH OIL: Carlson Labs VERY FINEST FISH OIL http://amzn.to/104i8LS
Why start here? It’s EASY — we can build up a positive momentum! And If we can actually make an impact the motivation centers in your brain to increase your motivation, in addition to fixing your nutrient deficiencies, increase your fat loss, and help you to be less sore from your newBIKINI BODY MOMMY CHALLENGE workout regime … you are going to have a better chance of success!
#2 Eat Breakfast within 20 minutes of waking up
(This means– BEFORE YOUR COFFEE!) Turn your metabolism into a fired up fat-burning furnace FIRST THING! Keep it small and protein rich.
#3 Consume Protein-rich foods with EVERY MEAL
Get at least 20 grams in per meal! Great sources include: eggs, greek yogurt, chicken, fish, bison, quinoa, black beans, lentils, and chickpeas.
#4 BEWARE of WHITE
This includes rice, pastas, potatoes, cereal, bread, fried food with breading, and milk.
#5 Drink COPIOUS AMOUNTS of H2O
AMOUNT: Consume at least half your body weight in ounces, upwards of 1 gallon every day — NO EXCEPTIONS! 1/2 your Body weight Example: 150lb woman would drink 75 ounces DAILY — a little over 6 traditional 12oz water bottles. 1 Gallon Example: 10 traditional 12oz water bottles DAILY.
Yes, it IS A LOT of water. YES, you’ll likely be going to the bathroom every 10 minutes until your body adjusts. If you really want to lose the fat and ditch the pooch that making you feel so awful about yourself — Deal with it! I cant emphasize enough how important hydration is when it comes to fat loss.
I need to drink MORE water and I suck at that, so today I went to Sonic and instead of my usual coke Zero and which I was drooling for...I asked for a 44oz water instead, I left my water bottle at home....So today I'm drinking more water....but I will touch on that subject tomorrow!!!
Friday~ was GREAT!!! WORK and Wedding with the girls!!! It was a beautiful wedding and lots of dancing and FUN!!! (Kyle and Shelly)
LeAnn.....Let the POOR Cupcake Live, Don't KILL it!!!!!
Me and the DIVAS had to stop at Chick fil a before because I was starving!!!!
Yes, that was my meal and I don't care, I WAS HUNGRY!!!!
Then Saturday!!! Gym and family time!!!!
2 hours at LOA!!!!! I kicked my own BUTT!!!
Before Asylum!!! ~ Wasn't Cute After~ LOL
I needed to use our foot rubber, because my ole DOGS was barking from hitting the dance floor the night before at the Wedding, n Baby Brandon said he needed to use it too, cause his "DOGGYs were arking" AKA..Barking!!! hahaha
Sunday was a quiet family day...Brandon helped me with some blog ideas for the month of June!! LOL He's such a good mommy helper!!! I wouldn't know what to do without him!!!